Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Where has everyone gone???

Poll

Where have y'all been?

[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    25% [25%] 
    [ 4 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    25% [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Hailey

Where has everyone gone???

Post by Hailey on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:57 pm

I check back and nobody is on, ever! No new posts or anything. Did everyone disappear?
    Joce
    Admin

Re: Where has everyone gone???

Post by Joce on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:16 pm

Really? Last time I was on three people were on (can't remember who). Although, as for why I'm not posting, I don't get the chance! As soon as someone sees me on the computer, its their turn, and they cut off me in the middle of posts (still got to reply to Mac, thanks for reminding me)! Okay, I'm done ranting, Mom's um, somewhere, siblings in school, my time. Ugh, they should be here any minute. Crying or Very sad

Post by Hailey on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Aww, I understand. I am glad I have no siblings that live in the house with me.
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Lucky.

Post by Emma on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Hailey wrote:I check back and nobody is on, ever! No new posts or anything. Did everyone disappear?

I know what you mean! But I'm just a guilty as everyone else Smile I've just started uni so I'm pretty busy with study etc. Every now and then I come on here and check for new posts, but I don't have time very often to post anything myself that isn't a one or two sentence answer....like this....
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Emma wrote:
    Every now and then I come on here and check for new posts, but I don't have time very often to post anything myself that isn't a one or two sentence answer....like this....

Same here, except my posts never get posted. Stupid brother just wiped my reply to Mac's idea for the third time. Oh better get back to that.

No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:11 pm

School here. Although I do see what you mean - everyone HAS gone! I'm supposed to be preparing my presentation D:

Tia's off to Austria for a few days so she won't be here.

Just now, My mum alerted me to the fact Dad was on TV (What? I thought his program was at 10??) on Al Jazeera Mubasher in case you're interested. Reporting on the situation in Libya. Then I spilled popcorn all over the floor - luuurvely.

Oh and we got a surprise test in History today. Graded and all. NB: Revise before every history Lesson.
    On the plus side I did very well Smile
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:44 pm

It's school for me, too. Plus, the past few weeks were HELL. Nothing seems to turn out right. And I have like tons of homework and exams scheduled. How fun.
    But I have a school trip next week! I'm gonna do the impossible and quote Tia on this one: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I cannot wait! Three days free from school, on a huuuge bus (That's kinda the best part XD), and we're gonna be on the Palić lake for some time. It's one of the most beautiful parts of Serbia. Of course, everyone will be dead drunk by midnight, but oh well.
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:04 pm

14 year olds are allowed to drink in Serbia? Wow. I think everybody at my school would be there straight away.

Residential trips are not the trips I'd like to be going on soon... my class is annoying. And I'd hate to think what they'd do with my stuff at 3 in the morning (flush them down the toilet or throw them in the sewers).
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Mac wrote:14 year olds are allowed to drink in Serbia?

Ummm, no. Not really XD. 18 years old is the limit. That's why we have a few sober ones (like me, cause I never drink, or my best friend, who's been there and is never going back. At least I hope she isn't), to get the others safely back to their rooms, without any of the teachers noticing.
    The bartenders are stupid enough to always give us whatever we want as long as we pay them enough Rolling Eyes
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Drinking Alcohol slowly causes your liver to become fibrous (fibres) - Alcohol is very bad.

In London, things like the riots are where people get there alcohol from...
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Mac wrote:Drinking Alcohol slowly causes your liver to become fibrous (fibres) - Alcohol is very bad.

I know, that's why I don't do it. But I have to help the others. If my friends got in trouble, I don't think they'd survive it
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Thalia wrote:
    Mac wrote:14 year olds are allowed to drink in Serbia?

Ummm, no. Not really XD. 18 years old is the limit. That's why we have a few sober ones (like me, cause I never drink, or my best friend, who's been there and is never going back. At least I hope she isn't), to get the others safely back to their rooms, without any of the teachers noticing.
    The bartenders are stupid enough to always give us whatever we want as long as we pay them enough Rolling Eyes

Hmm... Have fun.

-Mac. Al Jazeera? The news channel, right? Okay that's obvious.

No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 pm

We got into LOADS of trouble on our first residential trip in year 7 (when our class wasn't as annoying). Our room was hilarious as well - we chucked water balloons outside and stuff. I brought two massive packets of cashew nuts that we had a huge fight with although some people just ate their supplies XD

On the plus side, this is my 400th post! Very Happy

@Joce - yeah, the news channel. Mubasher I think.
    Tia

Post by Tia on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:02 pm

I just got back from Austria, and couldn't use a computer for 5 days straight.

Thalia wrote:But I have a school trip next week! I'm gonna do the impossible and quote Tia on this one: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I cannot wait! Three days free from school, on a huuuge bus (That's kinda the best part XD), and we're gonna be on the Palić lake for some time. It's one of the most beautiful parts of Serbia. Of course, everyone will be dead drunk by midnight, but oh well.

I have awesome sayings; it's impossible not to quote. Anyway, have fun! Very Happy I did XD

Last year, a group of girls in my class got caught drinking and they couldn't go on any school trips for a year. This trip, the first thing the principal said was that if anyone drank, they wouldn't be able to go on any school trips for all 4 years of high school. No one did, no one's that stupid, but I felt a bit bad for the two 4th graders (12th graders in the American system) that came. The two of them only had about a month before their 18th birthday. If we had gone a little later, they could have drunk.
    As for myself, I do drink but very rarely, and never so much that I'm going to throw up. I did throw up once, it was awful, and I never want to go through it again. At most, I only have a glass or two, and only at birthdays or special occasions like that.
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Did they BUY the alcohol? Or just drink it? Apparently in Britain a 5 year old can drink but can't buy it.

Here in England, we have alcohol all the time. Not that I actually want to because I'm not allowed to and because I dislike the smell. Literally, EVERY. LITTLE. THING. HAS. ALCOHOL. Even tomato sauce, milkshakes, cupcakes, everything! Naturally we have to stare at the ingredients all day. I don't want to see the state of my liver.

Tia

Post by Tia on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 pm

They bought it and drank it XD Drank it a lot, in fact.

Ahahahahha, really? Man, that sounds pretty bad. Here we've got a chocolate with rum in it. It's not awful, but it's not exactly mouth-watering either.
    Lizzie

Post by Lizzie on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Chocolate with rum is not that bad, if you don't eat it frequently. I only do eat one or two a couple times a year, if someone brings it to school because it's their birthday and they want to treat their classmates. How can you say no to that?
    Tia

Post by Tia on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Yeah, a year ago I got a box as a little birthday treat from my friends. I split it with them, but still ate quite a few. It was free, after all, and a special occasion.
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:53 pm

I remember I accidently ate an alcoholic chocolate. My friends were there and it didn't taste nice but it was really addictive. And it felt like smoke was in my lungs so we had a guess that it was alcoholic and it was. It was purple as well.
    Maris

Post by Maris on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:26 pm

LadyCobweb wrote:Last year, a group of girls in my class got caught drinking and they couldn't go on any school trips for a year. This trip, the first thing the principal said was that if anyone drank, they wouldn't be able to go on any school trips for all 4 years of high school. No one did, no one's that stupid, but I felt a bit bad for the two 4th graders (12th graders in the American system) that came. The two of them only had about a month before their 18th birthday. If we had gone a little later, they could have drunk.
    As for myself, I do drink but very rarely, and never so much that I'm going to throw up. I did throw up once, it was awful, and I never want to go through it again. At most, I only have a glass or two, and only at birthdays or special occasions like that.
    In my school almost everyone drinks when we go on a school trip but the teachers never do anything about it. I'm not sure if they're oblivious or they just don't care. Laughing
    Like you, I sometimes drink but only a glass or two.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:04 pm