Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Has anyone ever considered publishing?

Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Has anyone ever considered publishing?

Post by Mac on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:06 pm

I was wondering if anyone considered publishing?
    Emma

Re: Has anyone ever considered publishing?

Post by Emma on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:47 pm

I've thought about it and of course it is something I would like to try for if I ever have enough time to perfect my story with my uni workload. I'm not expecting to actually get published, of course. Heck, I doubt I will even find an agent to take me on, especially considering that this would be the first full length novel I will have ever completed. But it's the experience that matters. There's no harm in trying Smile
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:00 am

When you reread your first draft of your first novel, be prepared for thinking it's rubbish (although I'm sure it isn't Smile ) That's how I felt when I read my first one (to think I finished it almost in a year ago...(ten days to it being a year ago!). If I had known it was perfectly normal then, especially as it was my first novel AND I had no experience in writing much that wasn't... well... awful... then maybe I wouldn't have ditched the idea of rewriting it Smile

I'd like to try and publish mine even though I know it's highly unlikely if I'm under 18 - no not even 16! I'll still dream about publishing it tomorrow :3
    Maris

Post by Maris on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:05 am

Oh yes, I dream about getting published someday. Laughing At the moment I don't have a decent completed novel, but I'm sure I will at some point and then I'll certainly try to get it published.
    Emma

Post by Emma on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:59 am

Yeah I've reread over bits of my first draft already Mac and just cringed! But I'm trying to work up the self control to not go back and edit until I've completely finished the story. After all, the first draft is mainly just about getting your ideas down.
    Maris

Post by Maris on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:22 am

I always have a hard time separating writing from editing. I keep going back to edit and at the end of the day I'm mad at myself for not getting more writing done. It also interferes with my creativity because editing is not a creative process. I need to stop doing that.
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Emma wrote:I've thought about it and of course it is something I would like to try for if I ever have enough time to perfect my story with my uni workload. I'm not expecting to actually get published, of course. Heck, I doubt I will even find an agent to take me on, especially considering that this would be the first full length novel I will have ever completed. But it's the experience that matters. There's no harm in trying Smile

Yeah, me too. Publication is something I strive for, but don't expect it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 pm