Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Might be helpful to some of you...

Hailey

Might be helpful to some of you...

Post by Hailey on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:59 pm

... or not. I found this Microsoft word tool, that made everything a lot easier. As I said, I right mature FanFic and my mom also uses my computer. Well I was always afraid that she would find my FanFic's and started reading them (because she's nosy like that) and words can not describe how much trouble I would be in. So smart me figured out you can put a lock on your word documents very easy!
    1. Click the Tools->Options menu item.
    2. Click the Security tab.
    3. Put a password in the Password to Open text box.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Enter it again.
    6. Click OK.

Easy right? I'm not sure if anyone else would need this, just thought I'd share. So now, when you click on the document to open it, it will first make you enter a password. It only works on earlier versions of word though.
    Smile
    Emma

Re: Might be helpful to some of you...

Post by Emma on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Wow, I never knew you could do that! I don't need it myself at the moment but I'll be sure to remember it for the future.
    Thank you! Very Happy
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Wow! Thanks Hailey. I don't need it at the moment because my mum isn't nosy and I put a password on my account. She doesn't use this computer.
    It'll be a ton of help if I write at school though. Thanks! Does it work on Microsoft 2007?
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Yeah, I had the same problem when my computer crashed. Now, I use google docs on my mom's computer, so the files are under my email account and password protected.
    Hailey

Post by Hailey on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Ahmadblues wrote: Does it work on Microsoft 2007?

I'm not sure but you can try it. Smile
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Ahmadblues wrote: Does it work on Microsoft 2007?

Yeah, I used to use 2007, then 2010, until I switched to Linux, which Microsoft doesn't run on, and then it crashed. Okay to the point:

First, click on the file button, and save as. When the pop-up window appears, click tools at the bottom. Choose general options then password. The rest is pretty easy, just come up with a password for reading and modifying the doc.
    Maris

Post by Maris on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:35 am

Hailey wrote:... or not. I found this Microsoft word tool, that made everything a lot easier. As I said, I right mature FanFic and my mom also uses my computer. Well I was always afraid that she would find my FanFic's and started reading them (because she's nosy like that) and words can not describe how much trouble I would be in. So smart me figured out you can put a lock on your word documents very easy!
    1. Click the Tools->Options menu item.
    2. Click the Security tab.
    3. Put a password in the Password to Open text box.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Enter it again.
    6. Click OK.

Easy right? I'm not sure if anyone else would need this, just thought I'd share. So now, when you click on the document to open it, it will first make you enter a password. It only works on earlier versions of word though.
    Smile
    Oh yes, I use it too. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:00 pm