Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

Who's forgotten about me????

Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Re: Who's forgotten about me????

Post by Mac on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 pm

I guess you could say so XD
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 pm

I used to live in Mississippi, but I moved back to Egypt in July last year.

And Mac every time I look at your signature, it reminds to figure out how to do that. Even through I forget 5 seconds later. Hmm... could create a rank. If you mean that literally, I probably could.

Admin

Post by Joce on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:20 pm

That's not enough information Mac.

1. Joce set up a fanfic forum and I got the great idea (I'm being modest Wink ) of having a character interview forum which Joce thought was a good idea and set up too.
    Man how long have you been long not to notice the FanFic forum?

2. Maris disappeared (noo! Come back!)
    I think her last visit was on August 21st.

3. 5 new members: MPC and Bec Dailey who've not visited and we've not heard from them at all, Dotandscribble (aka Dot), who's disappeared too Sad, mybestfriendrocks who is Dot's best friend and has disappeared after introducing their self and Ian, Emma's younger brother.
    As for MPC and Bec Dailey, I've, well more like the site sent them an email on that. Really going to have to work out something for lurkers, like 2 months without visiting you get an email, 3 months banned.

4. Omar/Jack has to rewrite 100+ of work in third person, (LOL! That's so mean. I bet it'll be good when he's done).

Mac wrote:5. I came 1st person in post numbers
    2nd: Emma, 161
    3rd: Tia, 100
    4th: Me, Joce 87 (Well, now 88)
    5th: Thaila, 84
    6th: Maris, 69
    7th: Jack, 47
    8th: Hailey, 44
    9th: Dot, 19
    10th: Ian, 6
    Oh and Mac, 260.

Mac wrote:6. We've stalked everyone in the 'Who is Online' section at the bottom of the forum.
    Oh yeah, that was fun, check out "Something Completely Random" in 'Outside of Writing'.

6. Emma got into pottermore. Sorry, felt like it was important.

7. Nearly everyone posted a manuscript besides Dot's best friend, Ian , and me (and Bec and MPC).
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Good point, Joce...
    Wow. I'm now a cereal stalker AND poster XD

7. Nearly everyone posted a manuscript besides Dot's best friend, Ian , and me (and Bec and MPC).
    Writer's block? Can't-be-bothered-block? ( I get that ALL the time! Sad I have it now actually. I have to force myself.)
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:15 am

Mac wrote:And McDonalds, and Burger King... everything in America is bound to be in the rest of the world. Trust me.

You use the same slang as well!

McDonald's apple pies are beast. Definitely. (I don't normally eat from fast food restaurants but when I get my hands on an apple pie... *melts*)

Yeah, here too. Well at least McDonald and KFC. I can't remember ever seeing a Burger King ad. Unlike Mac, I hardly eat out, unless its some sandwich by a restaurant (hardly,only four tables) on the street. (I'd write the name, but its in Arabic.) Best lunch/dinner/snack/whatever so far, dark chocolate falling right behind.

Admin

Post by Joce on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Oh ,you know if both Dot and her BF, what I get tired of typing that, then they're probably stuck in school. Thank heavens school does not start until Sept 17. Okay, yeah a week, but every day of freedom counts.

Both. Ugh, Chaos, the novel I was working, fell apart, after I founds some big holes in the story. The main character had no reason what so ever to actually get involved, and nothing in her personality says 'I'll help for no reason'. But hey, thats the least of my problems.
    So society was split into normals, specials, and the rejects (by governmental influence), and somehow after weeks, I now realize that the government doesn't benefit in any way nor have a reason to anyway. No way to fix that, so I've got either to come up with a different conflict (and dump the plot, change the setting, and work on the character) or just dump it.

Man, I sound like my sister whining about her Science homework, not complaining by the way, I like things to fit together, even if it is a stack of pencil shavings. Pencil stalker! Nah , doesn't have the same ring to it. Okay looking back on the mess I just wrote, I say dump it (or at least put it away) which is what I going to do. Lesson learned, if you read a book that really loved, then the next idea you will have will be a rip off of it. I think its pretty clear what book I read but guess.

Sorry for cluttering up your thread Hailey. How many horses have you taken on or were you taking on before the foal?
    Bull riding? Really at 13? I did see bull riding once, on tv Laughing ,seems kind of, okay really dangerous. Then again they tend exaggerate things on tv.

No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Is this your first novel, Joce? That happened with my first novel. I'm worried about this one as well...

YES. I loved the Noughts and Crosses series when I first read it. Soon I wrote my first novel. (the similarities - one gets kidnapped, bombs go off, one dies/is thought to have died. It would've been a true rip off if one of the characters was pregnant.) You can imagine what happened to that.

What book was it? It sounds interesting... I don't know what it is.
    How about you post a summary or something? (of course with the reason she enters the whole thing) We could help. Just post an interview for the character, a summary of the plot... nothing is wasted anyway.

Joce just said the questions I was going to ask about the horses XD
    Hailey

Post by Hailey on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Joce wrote:How many horses have you taken on or were you taking on before the foal?
    Bull riding? Really at 13? I did see bull riding once, on tv Laughing ,seems kind of, okay really dangerous. Then again they tend exaggerate things on tv.

I am currently riding and/or training 4 horses. Buddy, Pistol, Gracie, Hero. I really want to work with my friends horse and eventually buy it. Then after december I ill be working with 5, 6 if I can get my friends horse. And Yes, one of my guy-friends does it and he's 14 so why can't I? xD
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Six? Is that normal? I wouldn't know. I meant like aren't you at least a bit afraid of falling off, guess not. Smile

Post by Hailey on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:06 pm

xD 6 to some people in rodeo is a lot, to some its very little. I know people that ride 15 or 16 a day. And Nah, falling off is fun!
    Maris

Post by Maris on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:53 am

Mac wrote:
    2. Maris disappeared (noo! Come back!)
    Sorry about that. Something was wrong with my computer, but it's fixed now. Smile
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:56 am

That's great! I've not been posting as much the past few days because of all the homework I had but I'm ready to post again Very Happy
    When you logged in, the index page must've been a sea of orange (because of all the new posts)! Very Happy
    Maris

Post by Maris on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:02 pm

Mac wrote:When you logged in, the index page must've been a sea of orange (because of all the new posts)! Very Happy
    Oh yes. I still haven't read them all.
    Joce
    Admin

Post by Joce on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:14 pm

And green arrows, don't forget them.

No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Oh yeah...

OK, the green arrows are the seaweed Wink
    Hailey

Post by Hailey on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 am

Sorry I haven't been on much. I hope y'all understand. I'm on for like,5 minutes, just to tell y'all I will be gone even more. GUESS WHICH COWGIRL GETS TO FINISH BREAKING AN "Almost unrideable" MARE? MEEEEE!! So yeah, I'm gonna get my butt killed if I keep taking on these problem horses.
    Tia

Post by Tia on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:08 am

Hahahahahaha, no problem Hailey Smile
    Good luck with that mare!
    dotandscribble

Post by dotandscribble on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:52 pm

ahahahaha sorry guys!!
    still trawling through all the stuff i missed (there's a lot!!) and just found this!
    i have to tell you when you read through a conversation like this you see how random we are!!

so glad ive got a decent enough phone that i can just pop on the site to check on a morning otherwise I'd spend EVERY weekend catching up instead of working through my to do list... speaking of which, i really need to get back to it!!! if only this site wasnt so damn distracting!
    Mac
    No. 1 Poster
    No. 1 Poster

Post by Mac on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm afraid that everyone's lives have to be fit around the site because... it's so addictive. It's like Facebook. Except you learn about writing. So it's a billion times better Smile
    Tia

Post by Tia on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:21 pm

I'm just popping in to say what Hailey said; I probably won't be around much this week either. I've got waaaaay too much studying to do and I'm busy with helping a friend get into this exchange program, which is a million times more complicated than we'd thought it would be. Anyway, don't expect to see me until the weekend XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:41 pm