Teen Writers Critique Group

Welcome to TWCG, a forum for teen writer. Here you can post works, get feedback, and talk to others.
In order to prevent plagiarism and protect our members copyright, certain forums, such as the Critique Center, will be off-limit unless logged in.

Thank for your time.

English test help? xD

Hailey

English test help? xD

Post by Hailey on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Ok so before you call me a cheater, just realize I already turned the test in. I just want to know what y'all think.

Here's the question:
    20. What are some of the rites of passage the individuals in this unit confront? Describe some of these rites and the traits that help the individuals to survive and learn from their experiences. (25 points)

Ok, first off. Let me start by saying I have NO idea what a rite of passage is. That's the worst part. So I wingeded it.

Here's my answer:
    Some of the rites of passage are a girl learning how to float on her back for the first time, an African American woman graduating, and a young girl having to change her way of life because her home town was taken over by the Taliban. The traits that helped these characters are perseverance, patience, and emotional and physical strength. The characters learned from their experiences and used past experience to make the decisions they were faced with.

Do you think my answer was totally irrelevant or what?
    Lizzie

Re: English test help? xD

Post by Lizzie on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:00 pm

A rite of passage is a ritual event that marks a person's progress from one status to another. It is a universal phenomenon which can show anthropologists what social hierarchies, values and beliefs are important in specific cultures.
    Rites of passage are often ceremonies surrounding events such as other milestones within puberty, coming of age, marriage and death. Initiation ceremonies such as baptism, confirmation and Bar or Bat Mitzvah are considered important rites of passage for people of their respective religions.

God bless Wikipedia XD
    Hailey

Post by Hailey on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:14 pm

xD Ok. So I got it half right according to her, but if I let her read my poems for the writing contest she'll give me 5 exra points. YAY

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:42 pm